Friday, July 15, 2005

Delhi Metro ride

I took a ride on the Delhi Metro today. I've taken the Metro before, but not on this underground stretch. As I pass the Patel Chowk station everyday to and from work, I thought it might be a good idea to give the Metro a ride, and for ten bucks for a one-way ticket to the University, it wasn't a bad deal. So here are the snaps of todays Metro ride, and yes, photography isn't allowed, I just used my handy little Nokia 6680. Heh heh!
Patel Chowk Station

The crowd at 6.30 PM in the evening after we passed through Rajiv Chowk (CP)

I took a stop at Rajiv Chowk on the way back.
Back on the surface at Patel Chowk.

There are a lot more pics, which I'll post to my FlickR account later. Needless to say that for Rs 30 (Ten bucks each way and ten bucks for parking), this was a good one hour. And the Delhi Metro is much better than many of the systems in America, but the MARTA in Atlanta was very sweet as well. However, I still love the Paris Metro with its Ultra narrow trains which run of Michelin tyres!
PS : Just saw the Mallika MMS everyone is talking about. Why????

No comments: