Friday, August 12, 2005

SoMP to go hear BoMP

In keeping with fancy designations which most media organisations give their recruits nowadays, while I rot away as a lowly something or the other, I will take up the designation by Exec Editor gave me in jest. I am now K, a SoMP - short for Son of Member of Parliament. Well, ideally it should be SoMP(RS) but that would be too long. Anyway, after doing nothing much last night and getting three hundred or something phone calls from frantic parents in Delhi saying "Drink Bottled Water", I decided to find my way around town. Which involved a meeting somewhere really far. Which was not nice. Its easier just to have gone to office and sat my ass on the chair and done nothing.
Anyway, on Sunday evening, me SoMP will go to hear BoMP - that is Brother of Member of Parliament spin some tracks at a new joint. I mean what can assure no police trouble better than having the local Member of Parliament's brother as your in-house DJ. See that is what Salil Chaturvedi should have done. Now all I have to do is to find myself an attractive DoMP (Daughter of MP) to get married to. Anyway, if my career path takes its evil planned route I will lose the 'So' before MP within the next ten years. Of course, that is if everything goes to plan.
I was reading Kartikeya's (I wonder why he does use his surname, which for the record is Tripathi - maiing him a thakkar UP Bhaiyya) report in ToI about a psycho judge. This woman, Laxmi Rao sent a 20-something year old woman to jailing for five years RI for 'soliciting' a 16-year old boy, but let not one but two rapists off the hook because they were the 'sole bread earners' in their familes. So we let criminals stay on the streets because they have a job? It is better for the government to give a job to wife of the person who committed the rape (what fault of hers is it?) than to let a criminal back on the streets. Anyway, at least in Bombay they catch the rapists, which is more than can be said for Delhi.
EDIT : And in a another 'shocking' development proving that DNA is probably going to worse then ToI when it comes to selling edit space, turn to page 26 of today's paper. A Kingfisher Airlines advert (nice one!) is bang in the middle of a Kingfisher Airlines article, which raves about how Fatty Mallaya runs the best airline in the country. Wow, talk about ethical reportage. Its all as bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, SoMP, as opposed to So*???? hehehe.. wicked grin here.

;-) yes, bbay seems to love retro, doesn't it? the dilli brand of hiphop mixed bhangra is quiiiite rare here, as u'll soon discover.

Anonymous said...

btw, where's the BoMP (b=brother) these days ... he seems to have disappeared ...

K said...

Mera bhai? I should call him up. I guess he would be SoMP jr. or BoSoMP.

Anonymous said...

who are u referring to? i was talking of anjan ...

K said...

Anjan? How did he get into this entire deal?