Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Persepolis

A friend of mine thinks that I am becoming a crochety old man at the age of 29, and insisted that we go for a movie. It had been a while since I had seen a movie in a hall and I was pleasantly surprised at the PVR at Select Citywalk, nice big seats and even the popcorn seemed to taste nicer. Sure, like any self-respecting movie they had to ice down the cola to the point of no-recognition, anyway slightly less sugar never hurts. We ended up watching Persepolis, a brilliant film based on the graphic novel of the same name which I read a while back. Very well adapted, and I would suggest that you go watch it sometime as well, if you're into that sort of thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey K,
Been a little while since you posted stuff directly related to the Indian (read Delhi) media. What's the latest? Who's moving where?
R

Anonymous said...

It was a boring movie. The concept of a autobiography as a comic is very nice (See Maus), but the movie could have done with better screenplay. It droned on and on and my date threatened to sleep through it.

What a yawn! Had to pinch her periodically to keep her awake...