Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Whatever you say...

The government might put its head in sand and pretend that everything is still hunky-dory but just look at these charts and then pretend that everything is OK. Denial works if you are the parent of a teenage daughter, or a son that smokes far too much pot. What you can't see, you don't worry about. But these numbers are in clear view of Chiddu. Who must still be too busy looking up skirts as usual after he has finished counting money. And the Sangh is more interested in going after Christians than the bigger picture - wonder how many of their kids went to convent schools?
Anyway back to the numbers. Since January 2, 2008 - the first day of trading on the markets the BSE Sensex has lost 44 per cent of its value. That is a lot in any book, and even if you think that the India story does not depend on the few who make a pile of money from the exchanges, it is hard to deny that we live in difficult times.
I got a lot of positive notes and comments about the Vodka post - though hints I gave there allowed even more people to figure out who I was. Anyway, if you are in Delhi anytime soon and want to have an interesting lunch, and money is no issue, please do try out Varq at the Taj Mansingh. I did lunch there again and I must admit I was impressed yet again. Food might be expensive throughout Delhi, but my god, the city has a ton of options. Plus, I might be Hyderabad next week, and I'm travelling there after a while (spending a night, rather - plus I'm looking forward to the new airport) so if anybody would like top suggest something interesting to do in the evenings, please either email me or leave a comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a regular reader of your blog, and I think it's one of the bright spots on a dull day, BUT please could you do something about your subbing and typos!
Sorry buddy, but the sub-editor in me couldn't resist telling you that.
No complaints apart from that! And thanks, once again, for your entertaining blogs.

Anonymous said...

totally - bright spot on a dull day

happy dussehra to all...

Anonymous said...

chidu looking up skirts! Whats up with him?

-Srini