Friday, October 03, 2008

James Nachtwey

First, I did not know Soumya Vishwanathan but the mysterious events surrounding her death are peculiar to say the least. Quite C.S.I episode some might argue and hopefully like the sleuths on C.S.I (or C.S.I NY and C.S.I Miami) the Delhi Police will solve this case. One can always hope can't they?
James Nachtwey is a renowned photojournalist and as part of the Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) Conference initiative - the TED Prize he wished for help in breaking a news story in a way that demonstrates the power of news photography in the digital age. You can point your browsers here to see how they do it, and embedded below is a video of Nachtwey's wish.


PS: It appears that Tata Motors have pulled out of Singur. It seems horribly sexual, but I guess the Tata's pulled out without consummating the act!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i worked with saumya. no exaggeration to say she was THE sweetest kid i ever worked with.

i think its a case if road rage tho typically the cops are now bringing in the romantic angle.

its shocking how easily a female can be cut down for being different from the stereotype... the girl was just returning home not being a burden on anyone.

Anonymous said...

I know her through my wife. Police initially termed it as a road accident and in autopsy a bullet was found. The sad part is that the channel she worked for, was talking about Bebo and blah! instead of going hammer and tongs after the cops. It took CNN IBN to chase this story and bring it to the top...

Pathetic...