Monday, May 14, 2007

Whaling around

In the past few weeks I have been fortunate enough to fly on the Airbus A380 twice over, I was a part of a team of the first set of Indian journalists to fly the plane during a demo tour of the Orient, and recently when Vijay Mallya brought the plane to India ostensibly for Kingfisher's second birthday party, I managed to wrangle another flight. Fair enough, Mallya's flights were loaded with all sorts of Bombay B-list celebrities and some journalists who were trying to act important. But, I didn't care really, I just enjoyed the flight on this massive behemoth of a plane. I mean, they call it the WhaleJet for something you know, it is freaking huge. I was seated on the wing and I shot this video as we approached Runway 27 at Mumbai airport. The wing is massive, I flew back to Delhi on a Airbus A321 and that looked and felt puny in comparison.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video clip was simply superb!
It showed the working of flaps as also the smooth landing!

Anonymous said...

i am quite appalled at the way one biz mag has just doled out designations !!!!
I wonder what new desigs will need to be created at this rate !!!

- Bona

Anonymous said...

ahh ... congrats on YOUR promotion ... wasn't aware of that :)

- Bona

Anonymous said...

OT
u don post on peppermint now
looks like its going bettter
esp after such articles,,hehe
-----------
http://www.livemint.com/2007/05/17000503/The-Hindutva-Rashtra.html

The Hindutva Rashtra

This is the text of a speech given by Shri Adolf Shah at the Baroda University on 17 May 2022.
Dear Friends
I welcome you to Baroda University for this special ceremony. This day marks the eighth anniversary of the day that Shri Neeraj Jain was appointed vice-chancellor of this university by our honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi.

deleted