Friday, November 02, 2007

Winning the lottery...

Sorry for the baseball analogy, but I actually tracked the MLB post-season and was really happy that the Red Sox won. Basically, I am a sports junkie, though I do have some teams to whom I'm ferociously loyal - Arsenal (they're good, aren't they?), the Indian Cricket Team (despite everything) and Williams in F1 (though I was unashamedly a Lewis backer this season) . Anyway, back to the story, sometimes life throws you a curveball and you manage to catch it by the corner of your eye and slam it out of the park. For a Grand Slam!
That is what happened at three today afternoon, I got a phone call from someone I didn't expect to be calling me right now, and to cut a long story short, I'll be on an island beach in a couple of days. Sometimes I don't know how I end up holding certain things in my hand, but I am really not complaining!
Life is good, though I should not really count chickens before they hatch. That job is a for 'management guru's'!

1 comment:

thalassa_mikra said...

Nooo...et tu K? One of the main reasons why Bostonians are so freaking annoying is because they rub their Red Sox fan-dom in the face of anyone who would, or mostly would not care to listen.

Also, I had a most obnoxious ex-neighbour who was a Red Sox fan - and obviously from Boston.