Monday, October 23, 2006

It's cold!

I'm sitting 7500 feet up in what the geography books in class 6 taught us were the middle Himalayas in a place called Naddi, about 10km and 500 feet above Dharamshala. This is where the Tibetan Childrens Village is headquarted. I'm here on work, what work I can't say exactly, can never write about something here until it appears in print. What I can tell you is that it is freaking cold. I had one of the most uncomfortable bus rides ever last night and arriving in a strange hill station - Mcleodganj in my case - at six in the morning isn't always a great idea. And its cold. Wait, didn't I already say that?
Thank god I picked up my arctic survival jacket just before I left home, thank god I did. Whats weird is that I was sleeping in an airconditioned room until the middle of last week and right now I'm wondering if any future progeny is getting frozen. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow, I believe it has been snowing in the higher reaches, which possibly explains the cold. Anyway, now its back to work, and man I need a brandy.
Stay warm people! And I'll be sure to say prayers for all of you when I get to the temple! Cheers! Now, where is that Brandy!

No comments: