Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monumental moments in graphic design!

Sorry, I was out of town over the weekend and I have been fairly snowed under with work after that, partially due to the fact that Monday was spent negotiating landslides in the hills. But, of course, sometimes you should just grin and bear it when it comes to work. Also heard my boss tell me something which got be a bit worried, "Start allocating work now, you're not a kid anymore!" Hmm, that will be a strange transition to make, but what the heck.
Anyway, this is a quick short post about the latest news channels to hit our TV's shortly - what you see on the side is their new logo - News X. And I must admit, all assertions of class that this channel will make will have to taken with a huge dose of salt if that is their logo. Well, it is because it came as an official mailer. Looks strangely inspired by Cingular's logo, but I'll go out on a limb and that NDTV's logo is still the classiest on Indian TV.
Anyway, there is a lot of weird gossip here and there, but I really haven't had the time to post it. I will do so pretty soon, but whenever I get the time that is. Enjoy the rest of the week while I murder my keyboard!

4 comments:

Renovatio said...

I can't bear anymore of that 'generation x' trash... got some of it thrown at us by the new student relations guy at my college, and that's all I'm getting out of inx.

Anonymous said...

X then Y then Z,soon the news channels will have some bar codes as logo!

This 'humble' blogger too is among those in the link you gave. Since I am a 'communal' blogger (!) so my 'communal logo' stands out. Well,I am proud to be a 'communal'.

I just heard that congress too is coming out with a channel of their own ! Wonder,why! Is CNN-IBN is not enough !?
PI

thalassa_mikra said...

The cynic in me watches all this and wonders what the source of this optimistic boosterism is. Investors in media and real estate in India seem to have unlimited coffers.

Ravages/CC said...

First thought was that the logo looked a lot like a curvy cruciform.
And yes, Cingular came to mind. Why NewsX, at all? Are they so mind-blocked to even come up with a non-generic name?