Saturday, March 31, 2007

My life over the past few days.

Insanely early mornings, getting my posterior felt up by CISF jawans with metal detectors (haven't worked out why my ass always beeps!), yet walking through security with lighters - unbeknown to me (lighters and matchboxes have this bad habit of sneaking into my hand luggage - that despite my drastic reduction in smoking) and generally enjoying airline food (not!) and collecting frequent flyer miles (the one joy of air travel). When I was a kid I loved travelling by air - hopping from Delhi to Calcutta on Indian Airlines' huge A300 planes as an 'Unaccompanied Minor' - but nowadays it has become a chore and the silly liquid rule has led to me checking in luggage when I really didn't need to. Thankfully, I've managed to steer clear of low-costs for a while and I don't think I'll be moving my butt inside a 737 for a while.
In-Flight
This is one thing I have never worked out - the skies over India are always very hazy and Jet Airways desperately need to clean their windows more often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the perils of flying :)

K said...

One of my better pictures I would say!

Anonymous said...

the skies over india are indeed always hazy! It is an indication of the pollution that india is under; experts have even named it as the "asian brown haze".

I dont think Jet airways' windows have much to do with it :)

Anonymous said...

Fear of flying and its 'overdetermination' has a parallel, very Indian epistemology. Last week an IA flight to Bangalore had a wing nearly falling out. Pilot calmly announces, there is a technical problem, nothing serious - just routine.Fasten your seat belts please.Routine?

http://indiapressclub.blogspot.com/