Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oh Shoot!

I haven't posted for a few days because I haven't been the best of health. I had a few tests done which show that all my indicators are above normal and my mother and my bosses believe that I should stay on in Delhi for a few more days and start to get myself back into shape. Simply put, I've been told to lay off the good life, and to be honest the last six years have been too much of a blast, and now that I have something in black and white (who said the power of the printed word was fading) that says I have bad this and bad that. Damn!
What I don't get is that everybody else to getting paranoid about me. I hate people getting worked up about me, because I have no itention of dying. But, now I'll have to spend the next few months without beer and red meat and I'll also quit smoking (only cigarettes, that is). So the joys of Kingfisher are over for me, the copious amounts of money that have flowed from my pocket to VM's various hobbies now see their path dammed. Heck, maybe I'll even save some money.
Anyway, the fact of the matter is that I had become very out of shape over the past 24 months and that I should start treating my body a bit better. Can't model on a Zeppelin, after all what happened to the Hindenburg at New Jersey, it went up in flames, and its too soon for the obits.
Couple of blog related notes, I've added Google Adsense, because I hear people make shitloads of money of it. And secondly, my Google Analytics counters tell me that people come here for the wildest things, so if you came to this blog searching for the non-existent naked pictures of some Bollywood actress, I'm very sorry, but you could see Debonair blog, which gets my vote as the best desi-blog around, simply because it has no pretensions to intellectualism. And yes, the founders of Google may not want Google to be evil, but I sold my cyber-soul to them a long time ago. Anywy, back to regular proramming - my regulars raves and rants - in the next post.
Until then, just in case you didn't come here looking for some perverse stuff (when did that happen???), and you haven't heard of the Greatbong, lease go and read his latest post. I mean, no-one else could connect Rahul Gandhi and Uday Chopra, but the man has. However, and this does not hint at any 'Brokeback' tendencies - Rahulbaba is a lot better looking than that Uday. And I will remind you that Yash Chopra does have one extremely talented and very quiet and extremely successful (think DDLJ) son - Aditya Chopra. One out of two ain't bad.
PS : On blogs tagged India in Technorati, I make the top 50. Not terribly bad!
EDIT : Just adding some stuff, don't mind. This is Dior's Spring/Summer 2006 Couture Collection. Its rather wild (make that very wild), but I'm betting India's league of copy-masters are aleady salivating! (via BoingBoing)
The Guardian has a very interesting interview with Joan Baez.
The 2006 Bloggies - Vote Now!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giving up a few vices is not too bad, as long as you can hold on to others.

I was in a club on Saturday, which had a patio, and a bunch of Europeans lit up, including the French guy talking to me. I had almost forgotten how awful passive smoking was, because it's hard to spot a smoker in LA.

Funny, tell the chicks they'll get cancer, they'll still puff away, tell them they'll get wrinkles from cigs, and they stop immediately.

Anonymous said...

iam on no 33 in that technorati tag :)

and if the tests are all normal, what exactly is wrong? It's all propaganda that beer and meat is getting to you. It's the work, I bet!

It was nice meeting you the other day.

Anonymous said...

You have linked to debonair.com instead of debonairblog.com .

I would also recommend that you move your Google ads to some place more prominent on the blog. Right now it is not very noticeable on most of the posts.

K said...

Thanks Varun, change made. I don't want to make the advert too intrusive, lets see how the experiment goes.
Vodka, nice meeting you too!
TM : Sigh!

Anonymous said...

We'd also like to know how much you make from Google ads. I went ahead and checked for my blog on Technorati - well in the top 80, not bad for a blogger like me. By the way I was wondering about your real identity (that doesn't make much of a difference anyway) - a female colleague hunted you down for me. Interseting, I must say ... interesting.

K said...

Hunted me down???? Which organisation is this pray?

Anonymous said...

Well you supposedly worked here before.

K said...

EchTee??? And why post under the anon tag, let me know who aap is.

Anonymous said...

I once mentioned about Manipuris excelling and topping various Univs.. here is one who topped BARC once upon a time. Sorry it is unrelated to the top though...
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/004200601241350.htm

BTW Hope you get well soon.. and all the best with ur Adsense. Read ur post yesterday.

Anonymous said...

How you now?

Anonymous said...

Hey I am the female compeer of that anon from your previous org. Well hunting down CNN YJA awardee was not tough you see ; ) need I say more..

K said...

So, my question is aap kaun ho? Email me at [myfirstname].[mylastname](at)gmail.com

K said...

Better still email me presstalk (at) gmail.com

Anonymous said...

sent you on gmail.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.