Monday, July 06, 2009

Boojet 2009

No, I will not bore you with incredulous stories of how the government will be taxing your potty now. I started getting ET Now on Airtel DTH yesterday so today morning because I kinda got heldf up, I thought, might as well watch the budget at home than in office or some large conference hall. After all, I do have a halfway-decent LCD panel (grumble, grumble - duties have come down, though it really wouldn't have hit the price that much). Anyway, this much is for certain, CNBC-TV18 landed one helluva' blow with their first wave of guests - Uday Kotak, Deepak Parekh and KV Kamath. And ET Now had Arnab Goswami talking (versus Mitali, is that even fair competition - why Arnab? Why not Andy, Abheek or Sri? They sound a lot less shrill). Guess who won the battle for the remote in the first wave. ET Now's guests were so-so and the other channels were lost in the water. Don't get me wrong, I do like what I have seen on ET Now until now, but today was the battle of the channels. And while the evening shows might be different, and you do watch the business channels in the evening on a day like today, I will be 35,000 feet in the air during prime-time. Not that I think that I'll be missing much, though a good bitch-fest is always fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched ET NOW on budget day and i must say they took the pants of CNBC...

shewolftracker said...

Dude, I read your whole post couldn't find anything about 'boojet 2009' but no issues I have news for you saw something quite controversial this budget time. Check this article for more info - http://tinyurl.com/lawak4

Anonymous said...

K - What's your take on HT's latest re-design ?

Also how do you think will TOI react to this...any update on TOI Crest ?

sheela said...

Yeah even i cant read any thing abt Boojet. what edition it comes in TOI?