Saturday, December 08, 2007

Zippity Zappity

This has nothing to do with media affairs, politics or anything of the sort. Since I don't run a personal blog any more, some silly posts will manage to infiltrate this blog!
I couldn't think of a headline, so I just put together a string of words. No I'm not stoned or drunk nor is my existence a sign of the malaise that afflicts Indian journalism, I think. Anyway, one of the honchos who helped me in my early career, by the very simple fact that he met me and spent time explaining things to me is retiring today, and I can't honestly say that I am not feeling a bit sad. I actually went ahead and got one of the nicer pictures we had of his in our library framed and will be presenting it to him. Pointless writing about this actually.
What did warm my heart a bit though is that the next installment of Harold and Kumar is coming out year! The R-Rated Trailer is here!The movie version of Speed Racer (Trailer)is also coming out, and one comment describes it as an insane 'Peyote Trip', which would mean that I could really have some fun watching this movie. Yes, I do watch my fair share of arty, insanely slow movies, which are beautiful and in the case of Almodovar make you realise you don't smoke quite enough pot as you should, but a silly commercial movie every once in a while is great fun.
My favourite movie this year was the Brit Action Comedy Hot Fuzz. If you haven't seen it, you don't know what you've missed!

No comments: